Monday, June 30, 2014

I was the little, scared, crying sister missionary in Talanga that wanted to go home.


This is who we sent to Honduras! Lucky Honduras!


If there's anything I hope to teach my dear sweet companion is to pattern mix and not shave her legs... and guess what everyone? It's working! She's great. We're not the same, and there's a lot of things that we don't do the same way, but I love her so much. Hermana Bradshaw is me 1 year ago. Struggling to find a reason to want to be here, but working on it everyday. Does anyone remember back to one year ago from this week? Probably not, because I only sent out two emails. One, to my mother informing her that I was so sorry, but that I was going to come home because I couldn't handle being here, and the other to Chris Bennion basically saying the same thing. I would like to thank you all for your prayers, emails, letters and thoughts that week, now, and all the time that's passed in between. Every one of those has helped me through the hard moments that I've accumulated in this short time of being here in Honduras. Thank you all for willing me to stay here on what's been the best, hardest, most amazing adventure of my entire life. The mission really is so amazing, and I'm so glad I'm still here working, struggling, and enjoying every minute of it.
 
This week was great. Lot's happened.
-Rootbeer (which I didn't even like that much before the mission) for the first time in 14 months. You really learn to appreciate those little things like rootbeer, nutella and peanut butter.
-Going to 3 birthday parties of which only one of them we knew about and planned on being there for. (So much cheap, nasty Honduran cake)
-Having interviews with President and not even crying. (big accomplishments) No but really I love interviews. President Fortuna really is such a great man. He talked to me a lot about how far I've coming since I was the little, scared, crying sister missionary in Talanga that wanted to go home. He also told Hermana Bradshaw that she will be training this next transfer, which sadly for  me, means leaving Tiloarque next month. This is such a good area and the members are so amazing and pumped about the work. But, that just means if my next ward isn't the same, it'll be up to me to help them. Change is good. It's hard, but it's good.
-Familia Ochoa is rockin` strong and giving us a ton of references that we've been working with this past week. One of which is Digna. She's super great. We had a family home evening with her and her kids with Family Ochoa and she accepted the challenge to be baptized. Now we just need to work on her husband and getting them to church.

Anyway. I'm doing great. Just here, jammin in Honduras.
I love everyone. For real though!

Take care of each other k? And be good.
 
Hermana Ludlow
 
Dan!!!! I sent you a letter this week! Hope you get it soon!
Niels. I literally had a dream you were two towns from me. Got to sleep spent the whole night running. But for real. It was a Blind Pilot moment for sure.

LOVE YOU ALL:
 
Sorry bout the fact that there's no photos. I'll send extras next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment