Monday, December 2, 2013

Remember the Savior this Christmas season.

This week.
1. The only full days we had to work where Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but in spite that fact, It was a great week. We found 2 new families and a bunch of new positive people. Sometimes I feel like the weeks, or even the days when we have less time to get out and work, I push myself harder and miracles happen. Really.
2. The power was out all day on Thanksgiving, so we didn't get to cook our Thanksgiving lunch. We decided to splurge on burgers instead. (Don't worry mom, the stovetop stuffing was still put to good use.)

3. Luz came to church yesterday. Honestly, there is nothing better then when your investigators come to church. Especially when you've been saving them a seat every Sunday for 7 weeks. Our Zone leaders came to our area on Saturday without pre-warning and went to go visit her without telling us. Later that night they called and told us how she wasn't going to progress and we shouldn't go visit her. ( NEVER DO THAT NIELS. K?... Or any of you that might be Zone Leaders in the future.) That was one of the most discouraging phone calls in my entire mission. We tried to push it aside, especially because we were fasting especially for her. I told my companion that it was just a trial of our faith. With doubt in my heart, I tried to reassure Hermana Rojas that Luz would be at church in the morning. I prayed harder than almost any other time in my mission that night. In the morning, when we walked by her house to pick her up. With wet hair, she came to the door and said "Voy a llegar. Solo tienen que esperar en las puertas de la iglesia. Pero voy a llegar." (I'm going to come. Just wait for me in the doors of the church, but I'll be there.) When she walked around the corner of the church building, I had the biggest dorkiest grin on my face.
God is so good and he answers our prayers you guys. Sometimes Satan will tempt us, or others to lose our faith, but those are the moments when we need it most. Everyone needs their time, some more than others. We just need to love them and have patience.
4. After 5 transfers, this is probably my last full week here in Talanga. I have never felt so sad and excited to leave somewhere in my entire life. Oh wait... maybe once before. But really. This is different. I feel like its going to be harder to leave here than it was to leave home. Home is waiting for me, but Talanga. Oh Talangita mi amor!
God is so good.
The Gospel is true.
The atonement is so real and will change your life if you let it.

Remember the Savior this Christmas season.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. If there's one thing besides the Gospel that I'm most grateful for, its the people in my life. Love you all.
Hermana Ludlow
Tan, tell your mom to send me the treats you don't want. GEEZE.
Bay, You are my wife and I love you. You tiny missionary!!!!
DAD, Happy birthday on Friday. I sent you a card and I hope you get it in time. But just know that I love you more than anything.
Jacob, I've been listening to you sing Come Thou Fount everyday and it makes me cry EVERY TIME. I love you. You have an amazing voice. All the sisters in the house agree and want copies.
Leah, thanks for the photos of little Porter. Love you guys!
Chris, Don't forget the scripture I always right you k? Don't forget for one minute. 
Mom, Thanks for everything.
Celeborn, I had a dream that when I got home from my mission you opened your mission call and got called here! To Honduras. Ahh! I guess we'll find out in less than two years!
Wow. I love EVERYONE. really.

No comments:

Post a Comment