Monday, July 22, 2013


 
 
 
Hey Friends and Family!
 
So, I forgot to send these photos/talk about this last week, but Elder Kearns (our district leader) went back to good ol 'Merica so we decided to throw eggs at and water balloons at him. The other elders in our district hid on the roof and my companion and I ambushed him from the back. It was a good moment in the world. Oh the simple joys of the mission. Its interesting to realize the little things I'm finding joy in here because its so much different than life at home. I do miss the little things though. Mostly food. Like good quality treats man!!! Those are hard to come by round these parts. Real butter. Yeah, not a thing here. Its a tragedy. What else? Cleanliness. I miss cleanliness. And all of you of course. I miss and pray for all of you.
 
This week went by soooooo fast. Like what? The coolest thing that happened this week was that we started working in a new area called Agua Blanca that's about an hours walk from where we live, or a 10 minute bus ride. (The manner of transportation usually depends on whether we want to spend the money on the bus, or if my companion doesn't feel like walking.) Agua Blanca is so beautiful. Its removed from the pueblo that we live in and is more countryside..ish. (We're going there today to take pictures and hike and have lunch with the cutest old member lady, so I'll be sure to send pictures next week.) Anyway, this Hermana in our ward named Hermana Melgar is the one that brought these investigators to church with her and basically told us what we need to do. SO AWESOME. That's how this work is supposed to be done. With the help of the members! (cough cough, do your part guys!) She showed us where these four Hermanas live and went to the lessons with us. Wow. She's awesome. She keeps quoting D&C 4 and telling us how the field of Agua Blanca is white and ready to harvest. Awesome.
 
Today our Zone Leaders had us to study our Patriarchal Blessings for personal study and I did some reading about the tribe of Ephraim. In the bible dictionary it says that "in the last days it has been the tribe of Ephraim's privilege first to bear the message of the restoration of the gospel to the world and to gather scattered Israel. We are in the last days you guys! This is real life! So cool. I love the Book of Mormon and having so much time to study the scriptures. My personal study is always my favorite hour of the day.
 
Well, I love you all. Hope you're enjoying the last few weeks of summer!
 
Sorry that I now don't know English, or Spanish. So that's cool.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINN, EOMER AND MAYSIE this month. AND LEAH DAMRON!!!!!!
Kent, love your emails buddy. You are the best. Wish I could've been front row at your farewell. I'm so excited for you buddy. You're going to be such an awesome missionary. Don't worry about not writing us all personal emails, as you can see I never have time to. LOVE YOU THOUGH!
BAY. Still dead that you're going to Argentina!
Chris. You're my best friend and I love you. (NEWSFLASH) Write me someday k?
Tan. You leave in one minute. OK WHAT?????
Soren. Got your letter. Cant remember if I told you last week. But yeah got it. Gonna write you this week. Love you.
I love EVERYONE.
 
Hermana Ludlow

No comments:

Post a Comment