Monday, February 17, 2014

I think this means we've hit 10 months ya'll. Not that I'm counting, the shoes count for me.

 

 
 
 
Well I wish I had time to write these scriptures out for you, but I don't, so you better look em up!
-D&C 76:40-42 (good news of the gospel)
-1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (without charity we are NOTHING)
 -added at the bottom


Well this week went by super fast and was super great.
1. Hermana De Leon and I have less than two weeks together and we are already hoping to stay together for the next transfer. This week alone we placed 4 baptisemal dates one of which being with Lila who's husband is a less active member. They are super great and we are going to reactivate him so he can baptize his wife. (4 and 1 just this week) Plus we're planning to place a date with a family we are teaching when we go visit them tonight.
2. We had a Zone Conference with our zone and the Zone from Siguatepeque so basically all of my companions (except for Hermana Moran and Hermana Matthews (my companion from the MTC)) It was fun to see them all again and remember the good times. (Well, if there were any to be had... cough cough Hermana Peruch... cough cough.) No but really it was fun to see them all.
3. President had us re-read the talk the 4th missionary this past week and it made me realize and remember that I've come a long way since my first week in the field reading it, and that I still have a long way to go. These next three weeks our personal study will be focused soley on the atonement, so obviously I'm super excited.
4. Hate to end on a bad note, but its also kinda funny. This week we met Jose, who's the husband of a less active sister. His whole family are members, but he finds every reason and excuse not to believe. In my entire mission I've never met anyone so ignorant, and to be frank, in my entire life. We had a "lesson" with him that really only consisted of him bashing on the church because we do baptisms for the dead, because the Book of Mormon mentions horses when in that time they only existed in Spain and all sorts of things like that. He also doesn't believe in the Spirit World or that we will have a second chance to hear the gospel there for those that didn't except it in this life. Its super sad because in this moment he's one of the people that will need that opportunity unless he repents and accepts the gospel in this life. ANYWAY. I'm excited to teach him. He'll come around. They all do. Eventually. Everyone is prepared to hear the gospel, some just a little less than others.
I LOVE EVERYONE.
Tan, Meish, and Bay. I'm writing you this week!!!
Anyone else who wants a letter, write me one first duh! :)
God is good and the gospel is true.
B


-D&C 76:40-42 (good news of the gospel)
 40 And this is the agospel, the glad btidings, which the voice out of the heavens bore record unto us—
 41 That he acame into the world, even Jesus, to be bcrucified for the world, and to cbear the sins of the dworld, and to esanctify the world, and to fcleanse it from all unrighteousness;
 42 That through him all might be asaved whom the Father had put into his bpower and made by him;


-1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (without charity we are NOTHING)
 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not acharity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
 And though I have the gift of aprophecy, and understand all bmysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the apoor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment