Monday, January 20, 2014

Nine months pregnant or half way done with a mission? WHAT? The latter.

You know you've been in Central America for 9 months when...
You're cold in 60-65 degree weather. (photo attached)
The smell of piss and raw meat being vended in the streets is a breath of fresh air.
You drink milk from a bag
Corn Flakes are a luxury breakfast item.
Cat calls and "I lobe yew babyyy" are heard from every corner.
I'm happy to recieve an egg on my plate for lunch instead of just rice and beans.
AN EGG EVERYONE: AND I HATE EGGS.
And all of this is NORMAL
There's so much more, but that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
This week has been super hard and super great. We challenged the Menocal family to be baptized and all of them accepted which means in February we'll be baptizing a family of 10 Now here's to hoping I don't get transfered in two weeks. They are amazing though. Gloria and Juan Carlos have been together for 15 years and have eight daughters ranging from 15 to 1. Amazingly I've got their names and ages down. I love them so much. Seriously. Juan Carlos smokes at least a pack a day, but the bishop gave him a blessing and the whole family came to church this week, so miracles do happen and the priesthood is so real.
God is so good. This area, and living with my companion have been a little less than easy, but I know that I need to be here and with her right now.
Thanks for your emails, letters, love and prayers. Despite my lack of writting you all personally, know that I love you more than chewy sprees. (Which are greatly missed... cough cough.)
Love you all.
Pray and think of you always.
Hermana Ludlow
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment