Monday, May 13, 2013

I'VE BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST A MONTH!



 
Time for the semi-weekly group photo. Looking freaky as always right in the center, and my companion is the blonde right next to me. (Hermana Mathews)
I'VE BEEN GONE FOR ALMOST ONE MONTH! WHAT???? ALSO, ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS HERE AND THEN WE FINALLY GET TO GO TO HONDURAS!!!
Well, this week happened, so that´s good. Some days I am so ready to get out of the MTC to be honest. Even though I know I still have a long way to go, I can't wait to get out of these gates and meet MY people!!!!
-I forgot to tell you guys about last Tuesday!!!
We had a devotional from Elder Ammado from the 70 who is just about the nicest cutest ever. Our district sang "Abide with me, Tis Even Tide" in spanish and then the last verse in English/parts. It was so spiritual and so amazing. Not to mention his talk was so motivational. He told us to be 3 things. 1) The kind of missionary your mother thinks you are 2) The kind of missionary you think you can be and 3) The kind of missionary the Lord EXPECTS you to be. So awesome. He also said "The best thing you can do for your loved ones is secure for them their promised blessings and get to work. I miss all of you, everyday, but you deserve these blessings and I need to work hard so that you can recieve them. So great.
P.S. He had forgotten his scriptures in english, so I held mine out for him to use and he just called me up to read the scripture for him. No big deal, just shared the pulpet with an apostle. That's all. HA!
-On Thursday this week we got a new "investigator" (our other teacher Hermana Melgar) She turned out to be an inactive member which threw us for a loop because we've been learning to teach investigators this whole time. Being here has really taught me a lot about myself and my testimony of this gospel. Aaaaannnnnd we taught at CRE which is TRC in spanish. My companion and I had a real non-member! Like for real this time! His name is Carlos and he lives here in Guatemala. We did the whole thing in spanish AND gave him a book of Mormon.It was so scary, but so awesome!!! We told him about Moroni's promise in Moroni 10. He said he'd read it and pray about it. Such a niicceeeyyy!!!
-That same night we had Estudio Asesorado (Study Assesment) with one of our teachers Hermano Montes (Our first investigator who we thought was real) who pretty much whipped us into shape and humbled us completely. To be brief, it was a rough night for sure. The hardest, worst part is, is that they never tell you straight up what youre doing wrong, but give you some scripture that makes you teach yourself. Its intense, but always a learning experience.
-We had a health lecture yesterday which was probably less then benificial for my companion. Anxiety level back through the roof. She probably took about 6 pages of notes, which really freaked me out. But its fine. Her biggest struggle is stuff like that and germs and mine is PATIENCE. For some reason, I'm really not too worried about getting denge or puking my guts out. I feel like it'll be part of the adventure.It freaks some of the girls out how NOT freaked out I am. Maybe it should freak me out more than it does, but whatev. I got this. Bring it on Central America! Hermano Montes told us that only the "real missionaries" serve in Central America. -No car -Hotter than hell (his words) -Dirty -No electricity or running water etc. It takes the real missionaries to come here. I GOT THIS. I CAN DO HARD THINGS.
-Hermana Melgar also taught me a life changing experience in a moment of serious doubt and self destruction. D&C 93 12-14. The Savior himelf learned grace by grace. I will learn spanish, and I will feel confident in the scriptures and gospel principles. She also opened up to preach my gospel in the Christlike Attributes section (which is what I've been studdying in my personal study a ton) and pointed to PATIENCE and simply said "with yourself too". She didnt even know that thats what my focus has been, but she was lead by the spirit to tell me that. I know that for sure. She is seriously so awesome!
I have my moments where I think this is too hard and that I cant do it, but I know it'll be worth it! And MALAYNA, I dont know if you'll ever read this, but THANK YOU for telling me about that Jeffery R Holland talk entitled "Missionary Work and the Atonement." Its been my life saver. SO AMAZING. You were inspired girl. I love you!
"He will bind up your broken heart, dry your tears, and set you and your family free." -Elder Holland.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. Keep writting. I dont have a ton of time for emails, so letters rock.
Ben Scoma (And also my family) - We quote Nacho Libre non-stop and it reminded me of you!
Tanner, Soren, Anna- Send me some letters my loves!
Kent- I sent you a letter so I hope you get it soooooon!
Bayley-You are my wife.
Moab Crew- LOVE YOU ALL! Send me letters and tell me how the first few weeks of the season have been!
Liz Diz- GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK. YOU GOT THIS. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!




05-01-2013 H - Copy.JPG05-01-2013 H - Copy.JPG
1092K View Download
Reply
Reply to all
Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment