Monday, September 29, 2014

I was forced to sign saying that I "voluntariamente" am giving up my residency

Alright. As you all have probably already observed, it's a little hard for me to collect my thoughts lately, but here goes...

These past two weeks have been rough. The work is super slow in our area, and we don't really have any progressing investigators, contacting is a bust lately, and our only hope is references. We've been doing a lot of walking and I've gotten to know my area and my companion a lot more. It's a little frustrating because all anyone really wants for the last few weeks of their mission is to have a ton of success, but I've learned a lot a lot a lot. 

My companion is amazing. She's the most patient, humble person on the planet, which is the exact opposite of me, so we make a good team. We laugh about literally everything, until one of us is crying or can't breath, so THATS GREAT. She's had a rough week with some family stuff that's going on, but that hasn't gotten her down. Throw in a few prayers for her. (And for the both of us in general.) 

I'm doing really great though. The Elders in my zone and the members are counting down the days more than I am. But I just want to make the most of these last few weeks.

The office Elders have taken my residency and sent me my plane ticket. (photo included with me and a paper that I was forced to sign saying that I "voluntariamente" am giving up my residency.) But I'm happy. The mission has been the best, hardest, time of my life and the good news is, it's not quite over. 

LOVE YOU ALL. 
Be good and take care of each other. 

Enjoy General Conference... Tan, I'll be looking for Paula for SURE. And make sure you all eat so much good food and think of me, because the food here is killin me. Probably I wont ever want to eat chicken or rice or eggs or beans ever again. 

Hermana Ludlow

P.S. Mosiah 10: 8 and 9 made me think of Lord of the Rings this morning. So that was cool.

 And it came to pass that they came up upon the north of the land of Shilom, with their numerous hosts, men armed with bows, and with arrows, and with swords, and with cimeters, and with stones, and with slings; and they had their heads shaved that they were naked; and they were girded with a leathern girdle about their loins.
 And it came to pass that I caused that the women and children of my people should be hid in the wilderness; and I also caused that all my old men that could bear arms, and also all my young men that were able to bear arms, should gather themselves together to go to battle against the Lamanites; and I did place them in their ranks, every man according to his age.

No comments:

Post a Comment