Monday, April 7, 2014

Amazing General Conference Weekend saves me again



HOW COULD IT HAVE REALLY TAKEN ME THREE MONDAYS TO REMEMBER TO TELL YOU ALL THAT OUR SHOWER HAS HOT WATER? For the first time in the mission field, I have been taking a hot shower from water that just comes out of the wall like that instead of either a cold shower or one out of a bucket with water that I boiled during exercise time. SO THATS GOOD NEWS.

This week was a little bit of everything. My companion has been super sick because she has some freaky bacteria in her stomach, so we didn't work that much this week... which always leads to feeling home sick and lonely. But hey, the good news is that General Conference came just in time to save the day. And it was amazing. Despite the fact that I was only able to watch the Sunday morning session in English, all of it was amazing. Watching conference with an actual purpose and with questions in mind has changed my life, because every single one of my questions was answered. So, if you didn't watch it with questions in mind, you've got 6 months to start preparing. 

I loved President Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude so much. We all need to be a little more grateful, no matter what our circumstances. I've learned to be greatful and appreciative for everything I have in this past year as I've seen so many who have nothing, but it was, as always a good reminder. Another favorite was Elder Ballard when he talked about follow up and about how all members should have a copy of preach my gospel and study it. (So family, I look forward to hearing what you're learning.) Obviously the Prophet takes the cake. Can we all just have a little more love for one another please? Its so true. If everyone was a little more loving and a little more forgiving, we'd be a lot better off. 

Overall it was an amazing weekend which was also proceeded with interviews with President Fortuna. (Always a lifechanging experience) My Mission President is the best. He is so inspired and knew exactly what I needed to hear. Aswell as the Prophet, and all the leaders we heard from this weekend. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the change it has had on me in this past year, despite being a member my entire life. I have a strong testimony of the priesthood and want to publicly thank my Dad for being worthy to hold it my entire life. I love you so much Dad and am so thankful for everything you do and have done for our family as the patriarch of our home. 

God is good and he loves his childern. 

I also love all of you. So thats good news. 

We also had an activity with half of the sisters in the mission and the Presidents wife. So that was cute... or something. No, it was great. Attached is a photo of Hermana Hendricksen and I. (One of my besties who goes home this transfer.) 

Hope you all enjoyed conference and are enjoying spring break (Moab flash back anyone??? :)) Also when Claudio D Zivic talked about Delicate Arch I mostly just cried remembering every Moab memory and that includes most of the people who read this email. 

Thanks friends and family for being the best humans ever. 

TAN. Tell Paula she's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. 

I LOVE EVERYONE

B

No comments:

Post a Comment